A Passport is an official document authorizing a person’s identity and citizenship from foreign countries. It is a government issued certificate that can be acquired through application at the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA). For those who are applying for a Philippine passport, the DFA has announced the valid IDs you need to present when you apply for a passport.
Also Read: List of Philippine Holidays
Valid ID’s have been a bit of an issue as there have some confusion on which one documents and IDs are valid. Such is the case like NBI Clearance which DFA states is just a supporting document. This is sometimes a hassle as some IDs take time to process, but DFA has strictly implemented their policy. So please make sure you secure at least one of the following IDs mentioned by them.
Here is a List of Identification Card (ID) Accepted by DFA When Applying for a Philippine Passport
Many of us may have asked ourselves what are IDs are enough as proof of our identity that is also accepted by DFA. To help you know what are the list of IDs for passport application, please check out the list shared by DFA below:
- Social Security System (SSS) / Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) Unified Multi-Purpose Identification (UMID) Card
- Land Transportation Office (LTO) Driver’s License. Student Permit may be accepted if in card format
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) / Integrated Department of Labor and Employment (iDOLE) card
- Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Voter’s ID or Voter’s Certification from the Election Officer with Dry Seal
- Philippine National Police (PNP) Firearms License
- Senior Citizen ID
- Airman License (issued August 2016 onwards)
- School ID (if applicable)
- Current Valid ePassport (For Renewal of ePassport)
- For applicants based overseas, they may use their host government issued IDs showing their Philippine citizenship. (Example: Residence Card)
- Additional supporting documents may be required by the Department of Foreign Affairs.
- The Postal ID from Philippine Postal Corporation (PhilPost) will be accepted as a government-issued ID effective August 01, 2019. The Postal ID must be valid at the time of application. IDs issued from November 2016 are considered valid.
Please be guided according to the updates shared by DFA for your reference. We hope that the infographic shared above will help make it easier for you to understand which IDs are now accepted so you can process your passports conveniently and without much hassle.
Address: Pacific Mall MC Bacalso St Corner U.N. Avenue Estancia, Mandaue City, 6014 Cebu
Phone Number: (032) 520 5898
Office Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday – Friday)
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Saturday)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dfaphl/ @dfaphl
Google Map Location
The location of DFA in Cebu is a in Pacific Mall, Mandaue City. Below is a Google Map guide to the location of the Department of Foreign Affairs in Cebu for your reference: