COMELEC will open the registration period in Cebu a few months before the elections take place. In order to be eligible to vote, all prospective voters must register with COMELEC during this period. It is important to note that registration has to be done in person as online registration is not currently available yet.
In Cebu, there are several options for registering with COMELEC. Prospective voters can go to their local COMELEC office or designated satellite registration sites, where they can fill out the necessary forms and submit them in person. Additionally, prospective voters may also register through barangay outreach programs which are held in certain areas prior to the election period. Lastly, there is an option for overseas Filipino citizens During this period, all Filipino citizens in Cebu who have reached the age of 15 and above can file their registration as a voter for the upcoming election.
Voter’s Registration Schedule for 2023 in Cebu
The COMELEC announces to open the voter’s registration in Cebu on December 12, 2022 – January 31, 2023 for SK and Regular Voters. Registration starts from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM from Monday to Saturday including holidays.
To be eligible for registration, all prospective voters must be:
- Filipino Citizen
- A resident of the Philippines for at least one year and you must be a resident for 6 months in the barangay where you will register.
- Must be 15 years old for SK Voters
- Must be 18 years old and above for Regular Voters
Steps to Register as a Voter in COMELEC
1. Prepare the requirements needed.
2. Visit the local COMELEC office or designated satellite registration sites during operating hours and proceed to the registration counters.
3. Fill out the voter’s registration form (CEF-1) and submit it along with all necessary documents to a COMELEC officer.
4. Wait for your biometrics to be taken and sign the verification slip provided by the COMELEC officers once all details have been verified.
5. Receive a voter’s certificate as proof of registration.
It is important to remember that the documents and information provided will be kept in a secure database by COMELEC and can only be accessed by authorized personnel. The election period usually starts a few months after registration closes so make sure to register with COMELEC well in advance to avoid missing the deadline.
Certain requirements must be met by all individuals who wish to register as a voter in COMELEC for Cebu.
For Newly Registered Voters
- 1 Valid ID with present address
- Birth Certificate or Baptismal Certificate
- 1 Valid ID with present address
For Change or Correcting of Entries
- If you want to change or correct your name in the voter’s registration record due to marriage or court decree of annulment, a 1 valid ID with the correct name and present address is required.
For Transfer of Registration
- 1 valid ID with present address
- Proof of Billing such as Electric or Water Bill
List of Valid IDs
Below are the Valid IDs acceptable by COMELEC Cebu:
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-card
- Social Security System (SSS) card
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) card
- Land Transportation Office (LTO) driver’s license
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Seaman’s book
- Senior Citizen ID
- Philippine passport
- School ID (if applicable)
- Postal ID
- NBI Clearance
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP)
- Any Valid IDs
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I register online for COMELEC in Cebu?
A. No, all voter registrations must be done in person at a designated satellite registration site or local COMELEC office during the registration period.
2. Is there a fee for registering as a voter in COMELEC?
A. No, the registration process is free of charge for all individuals wishing to register as a voter in COMELEC.
3. What is the deadline for registration?
A. The registration period usually closes a few months before the elections take place so make sure to check for any deadlines that may be set by COMELEC.
4. How will I know if I have been successfully registered as a voter?
A. Upon completing the registration process, you will receive a voter’s certificate as proof of your registration. You will also need to present this certificate when voting on election day.
5. Are there any other rules or regulations I should be aware of?
A. It is important to note that all voter registrations must be done in person and the official voter’s registration card must be kept safe as it will need to be presented on election day. Additionally, it is important to remain up-to-date on all the relevant dates and information for the upcoming election in Cebu.
6. What happens if I have already registered as a voter, but have moved address?
A. You will need to update your voter’s registration record with your new address either through a transfer of registration or by re-registering at your new address. Proof of billing such as an electric or water bill is needed for the transfer of registration.
7. Where can I find more information?
A. You can find more information about voter registration for COMELEC in Cebu on the COMELEC website or by contacting your local COMELEC office.
8. Where can I get the CEF-1 form?
A. You can find a copy of the CEF-1 form online or at any designated satellite registration site during operating hours.
Sample of CEF-1 form
By following these instructions and staying updated on the elections, you can be sure to cast your vote when the time comes. Don’t forget to register and make your voice heard! It is a fundamental right of every Filipino citizen and it is important to exercise that right!
It is important to note that voter registration for COMELEC in Cebu can only be done during the designated period and must be done in person. It is also essential to keep the official voter’s registration card safe as it will need to be presented at the polling station on election day.
It is important to remain up to date on all the relevant dates and information for the upcoming election in Cebu so that you can be sure to cast your vote when the time comes.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/comelec.ph
Voter Registration Record: email@example.com
Election Results: firstname.lastname@example.org
COMELEC Website: https://comelec.gov.ph/
General COMELEC Information: email@example.com