Are you a member of the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS)? If the answer is yes, then it’s time to consider the GSIS UMID Card. This multi-functional card serves three purposes: it’s your Identification Card, ATM, and Debit Card all rolled into one. But that’s not all – the GSIS UMID Card comes with an embedded RFID microchip carrying all your personal details. This provides a secure method to access your GSIS account.
GSIS UMID Card grants GSIS members easy access to the GW@PS kiosk, streamlining various processes. If you haven’t applied for your GSIS UMID Card yet, now’s the time. It simplifies your financial transactions, making your life significantly easier. Don’t delay; apply for your GSIS UMID Card today.
Who is Qualified to Apply for a GSIS UMID Card?
The following individuals are eligible to apply for the GSIS UMID card:
A. Active Members
- This includes members who are currently employed in the service and hold a permanent, elected, special, co-terminous, appointed, casual, confidential, contractual, emergency, lumpsum, provisional or substitute position that requires them to remit regular monthly contributions.
B. GSIS Pensioners
- Pensioners who are receiving old age, survivorship, and disability pensions from GSIS are also eligible for the UMID card.
As eligibility requirements may change over time, it’s always recommended to check the latest information on the GSIS official website or contact your local GSIS branch for accurate details.
Benefits of GSIS UMID Card
The UMID card serves multiple functions and offers numerous benefits for GSIS members:
- Centralized Financial Transactions: All GSIS proceeds, including dividends, loan proceeds, claims, and monthly pensions, are credited directly to this card, making it a one-stop solution for all your GSIS financial transactions.
- Personal ATM Savings Account: The card can function as your personal ATM savings account, allowing you to deposit, withdraw, and manage your money conveniently.
- Cash Withdrawals: You can use the card to withdraw cash over-the-counter at any Union Bank or Land Bank branches nationwide. Additionally, you can use it at any ATM worldwide, giving you easy access to your funds no matter where you are.
- Debit Card: The UMID card can also be used as a debit card for purchases both locally and abroad. This eliminates the need to carry cash and provides a secure and convenient payment method.
In essence, the UMID card is designed to streamline your financial transactions, making it easier and more efficient to manage your finances.
Also read: BIR TIN Card ID is NOT for Sale!
Steps on How to Apply for a GSIS UMID Card
Here are the steps to apply for a GSIS UMID Card:
Step 1: Visit your GSIS Branch
- Head to your nearest GSIS Handling Branch to begin your application process.
Step 2: Enroll for a GSIS UMID Card
- You will need to enroll for your GSIS UMID Card at the branch.
Step 3: Wait for an SMS Notification
- After you’ve enrolled, you’ll receive an SMS from GSIS notifying you when you can pick up your card.
How to Claim GSIS UMID Card
When it comes to claiming your GSIS UMID Card, the process varies slightly depending on whether you are an active member or a pensioner:
a. For Active Members
You must claim your card in person. Be sure to bring a valid government-issued ID for verification.
b. For Pensioners
You have the option to either claim your card in person or send an authorized representative.
If choosing the latter, the following requirements should be met:
- A duly signed Authorization Letter or a notarized Special Power of Attorney (SPA) is required.
- A photo or print-out of the pensioner holding the Authorization Letter or SPA should be presented.
- The pensioner should provide a photocopy of two valid government-issued IDs along with their originals.
- The representative must also provide a photocopy of two valid government-issued IDs along with their originals.
Remember to check the latest information on card collection from the official GSIS website or your local GSIS branch, as processes can change.
Things To-Do if You Lost your GSIS UMID Card
Losing your UMID card can be quite a hassle, but don’t worry.
Here are the steps you need to take to replace it:
- Report the Loss: As soon as you realize your GSIS UMID card is missing, report the loss immediately to the GSIS, depending on where you got your card. This is to prevent any misuse of your card.
- Visit the Nearest GSIS Branch: Go to the nearest GSIS branch to apply for a replacement card. It’s best to do this as soon as possible to avoid any potential complications.
- Fill Up the Necessary Forms: You will need to fill up a replacement card form. Make sure to complete all the required details accurately.
- Submit Required Documents: You may be asked to present valid identification and possibly even proof that you reported the loss to the authorities. The requirements may vary, so it’s best to ask the staff at the GSIS branch.
- Pay the Replacement Fee: There might be a minimal fee for the replacement of your UMID card. The amount may vary, so ask the staff for the exact amount.
- Wait for Your New Card: After you’ve completed all the steps, you will have to wait for your new card to be issued. You’ll receive a notification once it’s ready for pick-up.
It’s essential to keep your GSIS UMID Card safe and secure at all times to avoid going through this process. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, it’s best to contact the GSIS directly.
Things To-Do if Your GSIS UMID Card Gets Damaged
If your UMID card gets damaged, you need to apply for a replacement.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Report the Damage: The first step is to report the damage to the issuing agency – the GSIS. You’ll need to visit your local branch to do so.
- Fill Out the Application Form: You’ll need to fill out a UMID Card Application form. This form will ask for information such as your name, contact details, and the reason for the replacement (in this case, damage to the existing card).
- Submit Required Documents: In addition to the application form, you may also need to submit other documents. These could include a valid ID and possibly proof of the damage to your card.
- Pay the Replacement Fee: There will likely be a fee for the replacement card. The exact amount can vary, so check with your local branch.
- Wait for Your New Card: After you’ve submitted all the necessary forms and documents, you’ll need to wait for your new card to be issued. You’ll receive a notification once it’s ready for pick-up.
Its’s important to handle your UMID card carefully to prevent damage. But if your card does get damaged, don’t worry – just follow these steps to get a replacement. For more detailed information, please visit the official GSIS website, or contact your local branch directly.
Video: Paano kumuha ng GSIS UMID Card
Watch this video to get step-by-step instructions on how to apply for a GSIS UMID Card.
If you’re looking for a convenient identification and payment tool, the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) UMID card might be just what you need. This nifty card is an all-in-one identification, ATM, and debit card that can be used for a variety of purposes, from accessing government services to withdrawing funds at ATMs. So, if you’re a government employee or retiree, a GSIS member, or a beneficiary of a GSIS program, apply for the UMID card today and enjoy the many benefits it provides!
Address: Leon Kilat St., Brgy. Kalubihan, Cebu City, 6000
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Provincial Calls: 1-800-8-847-4747 (for Globe subscribers)
or 1-800-10-8474747 (for Smart subscribers)