The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has started rolling out its Educational cash assistance for Filipino students in need. If you are a student in Cebu or in Central Visayas who is struggling to make ends meet, you may be eligible for this program. Here are the steps on how to apply for DSWD cash assistance in Cebu Region 7.
Take note that the DSWD Region 7 Field Office (Central Visayas) is the one responsible in handling DSWD concerns for Filipinos in the provinces of Cebu, Bohol, Negros Oriental, and Siquijor.
Be advised that this cash assistance is only applicable to certain students who meet the requirements of being ‘in crisis’. Please follow the guidelines below for more details.
- DSWD Cash Assistance for Eastern Visayas Visayas Region 8
- DSWD Cash Assistance for Education for Western Visayas Region 6
- What is AICS Program from DSWD?
- What is the DSWD Education Cash Assistance?
- DSWD Field Office 7 Qualifications
- How to Claim DSWD Financial Assistance for Education in Cebu, Bohol, Siquijor, Negros Oriental
- List of DSWD Online Registration QR Code Links for Cash Assistance from Different Field Offices
- Video: DSWD Secretary Erwin Tulfo Announcement on AICS Cash Aid for Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. When will the DSWD online registration be reopened?
- 2. How much is the DSWD cash assistance?
- 3. What are the requirements for the DSWD assistance application?
- 4. How can I apply for DSWD cash assistance for education?
- 5. Where is the DSWD region 7 located?
- 6. Who are qualified for the DSWD educational assistance?
- 7. What type of documents do I need to present when I claim the financial aid?
- 8. Is there a DSWD scholarship program?
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
What is AICS Program from DSWD?
AICS means Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation. The DSWD’s Social Services Department offers a cash assistance program for people who are having trouble making ends meet due to a crisis such as the death or illness of a loved one. It gives people the help they need until they’re able to support themselves again. The benefit of utilizing this policy is that it provides temporary support for Medical Assistance, Death Assistance, or Education Assistance.
What is the DSWD Education Cash Assistance?
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) offers cash assistance to Filipino students who are facing financial difficulties. This is to help them pay for their educational expenses such as tuition fees, school supplies, and other related costs.
DSWD Field Office 7 Qualifications
In order to qualify for this cash assistance, the applicant must meet any of the following conditions:
- orphans living with relatives
- working students
- breadwinners of the family
- children of solo parents or unemployed parents
- children of OFWs
- victims of abuse or calamity
- child of an HIV-positive parent
- students in crisis
- students with unique circumstances
- Parent/Guardian Identification Card
- Student School ID
- Enrollment Certificate / Registration Document
- School Statement of Account (should indicate the name of the school)
- Elementary – PHP 1000
- High School – PHP 2000
- Senior High School – PHP 3000
- College Students / Vocational – PHP 4000
How to Claim DSWD Financial Assistance for Education in Cebu, Bohol, Siquijor, Negros Oriental
Walk-ins are currently not allowed. In order to claim cash assistance for students in crisis, the applicant must register online through a QR Code. Please follow the steps below. DSWD Region 7 office instructions are below:
Step 1: Visit the link to register online – https://bit.ly/EAppoint
Step 2: Enter your information. Make sure that your details are correct.
Step 3: Once submitted, DSWD officers will send an email to your registered email address on when and how to claim the cash aid.
Step 4: Go to the assigned location during the date of claim. Make sure to present all the necessary documents.
UPDATE: Due to the number of applicants for this DSWD cash aid, the online registration has been temporarily suspended. Please stay tuned and follow the FB page of DSWD Region 7 field office in order to be aware of the next steps of the application and registration process.
List of DSWD Online Registration QR Code Links for Cash Assistance from Different Field Offices
There are different QR code registration link forms depending on the location of the DSWD Field office where you will apply for the educational cash assistance. Please go to the nearest DSWD branch near your area of residence and apply from there. You may follow this list of QR codes and how to claim the cash aid by going over the following links:
- DSWD Field Office I QR Code Link – Claim DSWD Region 1 Education Cash Assistance Ilocos Region
- DSWD Field Office II QR Code Link – Claim DSWD Region 2 Education Cash Assistance Cagayan Valley
- DSWD Field Office III QR Code Link – Claim DSWD Region 3 Education Cash Assistance Central Luzon
- DSWD Field Office IV-A QR Code Link – Claim DSWD Region 4A Education Cash Assistance Calabarzon
- DSWD Field Office IV-B QR Code Link – Claim DSWD Region 4B Education Cash Assistance Mimaropa
- DSWD Field Office V QR Code Link – Claim DSWD Region 5 Education Cash Assistance Bicol Region
- DSWD Field Office VI QR Code Link – Claim DSWD Region 6 Education Cash Assistance Western Visayas
- DSWD Field Office VII QR Code Link – How to Apply DSWD Education Cash Assistance Central Visayas Region 7
- DSWD Field Office VIII QR Code Link – Claim DSWD Region 8 Education Cash Assistance Eastern Visayas
- DSWD Field Office IX QR Code Link – Claim DSWD Region 9 Education Cash Assistance Zamboanga Peninsula
- DSWD Field Office X QR Code Link – Claim DSWD Region 10 Education Cash Assistance Northern Mindanao
- DSWD Field Office XI QR Code Link – Claim DSWD Region 11 Education Cash Assistance Davao Region
- DSWD Field Office XII QR Code Link – Claim DSWD Region 12 Education Cash Assistance SOCCSKSARGEN
- DSWD Field Office NCR QR Code Link – Claim DSWD National Capital Region (NCR) Educational Cash Assistance
- DSWD Field Office CAR QR Code Link – Claim DSWD Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) Educational Cash Assistance
- DSWD Field Office CARAGA QR Code Link – Claim DSWD CARAGA Educational Cash Assistance
Below is the post from the DSWD FB Page regarding these updates:
Gipahibalo ang tanan nga nagpadala og email sa DSWD-7 mahitungod sa Educational Assistance nga kinahanglan gayud mo-rehistro online pinaagi sa QR Code nga anaa sa official Facebook page nga DSWD Region VII.
(Translated: All those who sent an email to DSWD-7 regarding Educational Assistance are informed that they must register online through the QR Code available at the official Facebook page of DSWD Region VII.)
UPDATE: Online Applications for Educational Assistance will be temporarily closed to manage the overflow of submitted applications. Please wait for the next announcement when we will reopen for those who still wish to apply for this aid.
Video: DSWD Secretary Erwin Tulfo Announcement on AICS Cash Aid for Students
Check out this video clip about the announcement of DSWD Secretary Erwin Tulfo on the AICS cash aid for students. In this video, he said that starting August 20, they will be accepting online applications for the said cash assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When will the DSWD online registration be reopened?
The online registration for the AICS cash aid will be reopened on a date that is yet to be announced. Please check the DSWD Region 7 field office’s Facebook page for updates.
2. How much is the DSWD cash assistance?
The amount of cash assistance depends on the level of schooling of the student.
Elementary – PHP 1000, High School – PHP 2000, Senior High School – PHP 3000, College Students / Vocational – PHP 4000
3. What are the requirements for the DSWD assistance application?
Parent/Guardian Identification Card, Student School ID, Valid of the Parent/Guardian, Enrollment Certificate / Registration Document, School Statement of Account (should indicate the name of the school), Statement of Account indicating the name of the school and the student’s miscellaneous fees.
4. How can I apply for DSWD cash assistance for education?
You can apply by registering online through the DSWD Region 7 field office’s Facebook page. Walk-ins are not allowed at the moment.
5. Where is the DSWD region 7 located?
The DSWD Region 7 office is located at M.J. Cuenco Avenue corner General Maxilom Avenue, Barangay Carreta, Cebu City, 6000, Cebu, 6000, Philippines
6. Who are qualified for the DSWD educational assistance?
Students who are classified as “in crisis” are qualified for this assistance. This includes working students, breadwinners of the family, children of solo parents or unemployed parents, orphans, and other circumstances.
7. What type of documents do I need to present when I claim the financial aid?
The following documents are needed when claiming the financial aid: Parent/Guardian Identification Card, Student School ID, Valid of the Parent/Guardian, Enrollment Certificate / Registration Document.
8. Is there a DSWD scholarship program?
No, there is currently no education scholarship program by DSWD. Only the Educational Assistance Program is available at the moment which is a temporary cash aid.
In summary, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is providing financial assistance to students who are in need. This assistance comes in the form of cash aid, which depends on the level of schooling of the student. The application process must be done online, and applicants must provide certain documents to claim the aid. There is no age limit for eligibility, and walk-ins are not allowed at this time.
Please follow the specific DSWD Region 7 Field office dedicated to Filipinos residing in Central Visayas Region (Cebu, Bohol, Negros Oriental, and Siquijor) for more information and updates on their educational assistance program.
DSWD Region 7 Field Office – Cebu
Address: M.J. Cuenco Avenue corner General Maxilom Avenue, Barangay Carreta, Cebu City, Cebu, 6000, Philippines
Telephone Number: +63 32 233 8785
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/dswdfo7