Looking for a free Covid-19 swab test? The Department of Health in Cebu is now offering this service to the public. This offer is available until supplies run out, so don’t wait too long!
Also Read: List of Hospitals in Cebu City
The Department of Health in Cebu is now offering free swab tests for Covid-19. This is a great opportunity for people who want to get tested but cannot afford it. The swab test is quick and easy, and it can help you find out if you have the virus. If you do have the virus, it is important to get treatment as soon as possible so that you can recover and avoid spreading the virus to others.
How to avail of the free swab test at the Department of Health in Cebu?
The Department of Health in Cebu is offering a free swab test to all residents of the city. The test will be conducted from Monday to Sunday, from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4 pm. To avail of the free swab test, you must visit the Department of Health in Cebu. Make sure to bring all the required documents when you visit the DOH in Cebu. This offer is only available until supplies run out, so make sure to get tested as soon as possible.
Please take note that the Free Swab test at the Department of Health is for the first time only. If you have already been tested before, a fee of P800 will be charged for the additional test. To ensure everyone’s safety during this pandemic, strict health protocols are in place at the Department of Health. Visitors are required to wear face masks and maintain social distancing when transacting inside the facility.
What are the requirements for the free swab test?
To avail of the free swab test you must be:
- Member of Philhealth (Bring a Philhealth ID or latest MDR as proof)
- Must have a Valid ID
- Must bring recommendations on why they should be tested
Why We Should Get Tested?
There are many reasons why getting tested for the presence of the novel coronavirus is important.
- For one, if you believe you may have been exposed to the virus, getting tested can help you seek treatment early if you test positive. Additionally, getting tested helps to prevent the spread of the virus by identifying those who are infected and need to isolate themselves.
- One of the most important reasons to get tested is that it can help you seek treatment early if you test positive for the virus. This is important because the sooner you begin treatment, the better your chances of recovery. Additionally, getting treatment early can help to prevent serious complications from developing. If you wait too long to seek treatment, your condition may worsen and become more difficult to treat.
- Another reason why getting tested is important is that it can help to prevent the spread of the virus. This is because when people who are infected with the virus are identified, they can be isolated from the rest of the population. This helps to stop the spread of the virus and protect others from becoming infected. Additionally, by getting tested, you are also helping to provide data that can be used to track the spread of the virus and develop strategies for containment and treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will I receive my results for the Swab Test?
A: The turnaround time for your results may vary depending on the number of samples being processed. Typically, results can be expected within 1 to 2 days of your swab test.
2. What should I do if I get a positive test result?
A: If you get a positive test result, please immediately follow the instructions provided by the Department of Health in Cebu. This includes self-isolation and contact tracing to minimize the further spread of the virus. Additionally, if you are experiencing any severe symptoms such as difficulty breathing, seek medical attention immediately.
3. Are there any other free Covid-19 testing locations in Cebu?
A: Yes, you can find a list of other Covid-19 testing locations in Cebu. Some locations may offer free or discounted testing. You can look online to find these locations and contact them directly for more information.
4. Do I need an appointment to get the Covid-19 swab test at the Department of Health in Cebu?
A: Yes, you will need to make an appointment to get the Covid-19 swab test at the Department of Health in Cebu. To make an appointment, you can either call the department’s hotline or visit their Facebook page and book the appointment online. You will be given instructions regarding how to book your appointment when you contact them. However, they have already accepted walk-ins, so if you wish to go directly, you can still do that. It is highly recommended that you call ahead and book an appointment as the hospital reserves a certain number of slots per day. Booking in advance will help ensure your spot and also save time.
5. Who is eligible for the free swab test?
A: All citizens of Cebu are eligible for the free Covid-19 swab test at the Department of Health in Cebu as long as you are a PhilHealth member. However, you may be asked to present a valid ID or proof of residence during the testing process. For those who are not members of PhilHealth, please contact the Department of Health in Cebu directly for more information.
6. Is there any additional information I should know before coming to get tested?
A: Yes, it is important to note that face masks are required in the testing area and social distancing measures must be strictly observed. Please bring your own pen for signing documents. Also, kindly refrain from bringing any other person with you during the test as it may disrupt the process and cause delays for other people who are waiting to get tested.
7. What time is the release of results?
A: You can get the result from 8:00 Am to 11:00 Pm and 1:00 Pm to 4:00 Pm Daily. Make sure to contact DOH first before going to the facility.
8. Is there a cost for the Covid-19 swab test?
A: First-time swab test is free, however, if you need to get a repeat swab test, you may be charged P800.00
9. Is it required to stay at the facility while waiting for the results?
A: No, it is not required to stay at the facility while waiting for the results. You can leave the facility and come back after 24-48 hours to get your results. It is highly recommended that you contact the Department of Health in Cebu first to check the status of your test result before coming back.
10. Are children allowed to get tested at the facility?
A: Yes, children are allowed to get tested at the facility. However, a free swab test is only available to PhilHealth members. Parents or guardians should contact the Department of Health in Cebu for more information. Additionally, please note that children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult when getting tested.
These FAQs provide only general information and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional advice. Please contact the Department of Health in Cebu directly if you have any questions or concerns regarding the free Covid-19 swab test. We hope this helped answer your questions and we wish everyone good health.
Getting a swab test is an essential part of staying healthy and keeping those around you safe. This type of test helps healthcare providers to learn about what kind of virus or bacteria may be causing your symptoms, allowing for quick and efficient treatment. Additionally, a swab test can help prevent the spread of infectious diseases by providing insight into how and where illnesses are transmitted so that people can take preventive steps when necessary. Not only that, but swab tests can also help healthcare professionals understand how certain treatments may affect an individual’s particular case, in order to better tailor treatments to the patient’s needs. Getting a swab test is an invaluable tool for understanding our health, the environment around us, and ensuring we stay healthy and safe.
Covid-19 is a serious threat to public health, and it is important to get tested if you think you may have been exposed to the virus. The Department of Health in Cebu is now offering free swab tests for Covid-19, so take advantage of this offer before it expires! Getting tested helps to prevent the spread of the virus by identifying those who are infected and need to isolate themselves. So don’t wait – get tested today to help keep yourself and your community safe from Covid-19.
Address: Osmeña Boulevard, Sambag II, Cebu City, Philippines
Phone: (032) 260 9740
Sun: 0922 397 2334
Globe: 0956 426 2555
Smart: 0961 604 2982