In an effort to streamline and simplify travel to the Philippines, the government has implemented the Philippine Trusted Traveler Program. Eligible citizens of countries that can enter the Philippines without a visa can enroll in the program as long as they meet certain criteria.
They must have visited the country as a temporary visitor at least once in the previous twelve months, not stayed for longer than thirty days each time, and have no criminal convictions or charges in their country of nationality. Additionally, they must have no recorded violations of Philippine immigration laws. This program promises to make travel to the beautiful country of the Philippines even more accessible and enjoyable.
What are the Benefits Philippine Trusted Traveler Program?
The benefits of the Philippine Trusted Traveler Program include:
- No need to remove shoes, laptops, 3-1-1 liquids, belts, or light jackets.
- Expedited security screening.
- Enjoy privileges at over 290 airports with more than 85 participating airlines.
- Children 17 and under can accompany an adult with TSA PreCheck® when TSA PreCheck is indicated on the child’s boarding pass.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Applicants who are citizens of countries permitted to enter the Philippines without an entry visa, as specified in the Foreign Service Circulars (FSCs) issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), are eligible to enroll and participate in the Program, provided that:
a. They have visited the Philippines as temporary visitors at least once in the past twelve (12) months, with each visit not exceeding thirty (30) calendar days.
b. They have no criminal convictions or charges in their country of nationality.
c. They have not violated any Philippine immigration laws, rules, or regulations.
Where to Apply for this Program?
You may submit your application at the Bureau of Immigration Main Office.
What are the Requirements Needed?
Please review the following checklist of documentary requirements for the Trusted Traveler Program. Before proceeding with the completion of the necessary documents, kindly read carefully the General Instructions provided.
- Accomplished application form (BI Form 2014-01-014 Rev 0).
- Official receipt(s) confirming payment of applicable fees.
- Clearance issued by the appropriate federal or national law enforcement agency of your country of nationality within the last thirty (30) days. This document should state that you have not been convicted or charged with any crime, felony, or offense.
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) and National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA) Clearances issued within the last fifteen (15) days.
- Photocopy of your valid passport, including the bio-page and relevant pages showing your latest arrival within the past twelve (12) months.
- Photocopy of any valid identification with a photograph.
- BI Clearance Certificate obtained upon the submission of your application.
Important Reminder: To be eligible for this program, it is required that you have visited the Philippines as a temporary visitor at least once within the previous twelve (12) months, with each visit not exceeding thirty (30) calendar days.
How to Apply: Step-by-Step Process
To apply, follow these steps:
Step 1: Fill out the application form and pay the required fees in person.
Step 2: Once you submit your application, the Central Receiving Unit (CRU) will notify you of your scheduled interview within three (3) days.
Step 3: The CRU will then forward your application to the Intelligence Division, which will conduct a thorough background investigation. The findings will be submitted to the designated BI Officer at least one (1) day before your scheduled interview.
Step 4: After the interview, the Intelligence Division will capture your biometric data/information.
Step 5: Within twenty-four (24) hours of completing the interview, the BI Officer will submit their recommendation on your application to the Commissioner.
Step 6: The BI Officer will promptly inform you of the final decision made by the Commissioner regarding your application. If approved, your name and other details will be included in the Masterlist of Members of the Program, as recorded in the AOD and ICTS.
Make sure to follow the application process thoroughly and accurately to get the best results.
How much does it cost?
Please see below the fees applicable for the Philippine Trusted Traveler Program.
Application Fee: PHP 5,000.00
Certification Fee: PHP 500.00
Legal Research Fee: PHP 50.00
Express Lane Fee: PHP 1,500.00
TOTAL: PHP 7,050.00
The Philippine Trusted Traveler Program simplifies travel to the Philippines for eligible citizens of visa-exempt countries. Benefits include expedited immigration clearance, priority access at airports, dedicated lanes, streamlined security checks, and a convenient travel experience. Applicants submit required documents, pay fees, fill out a form, attend an interview, undergo a background investigation, and receive a final decision from the Commissioner. The program costs PHP 7,050.00 in total, making it affordable for many travelers.